Move stock codes from one group to another

Explanation to install the release version of the newest .Net Version -

Notes on Latest Updates to the .Net Software.

Feel free to comment and review the software ! ! !
bossalino

Move stock codes from one group to another

Postby bossalino » April 9th, 2008, 11:30 pm

E.g I choose 5 stock codes from group 100 to be moved to group 1 which has not been used in years. I move 100-1 100-15 100- 20 100-30 100-60.
The software ask's which group would i like to moved it to, I select 1. It places these stock codes using new codes 1-200 to 1-205. All the history comes across beautifully and all i need to do is ask for the stock codes on the items to be changed.

The question.

I would like to know is it possible for me to choose the destination group and code (e.g 1-1 and 1-7) as this would keep my groups clear and simple.

basit
Site Admin

Postby basit » April 10th, 2008, 12:41 pm

:lol: I am in your city today and wlll be here till Friday Night. . . Training staff at Hugo Boss, Grays and Zollanvari as well as looking at the operations of the Youth Acadamy which will be having SPAZA type Mall's in various disadvantaged communities. . . You dont have to invite me for super *hehe*

Unfortunately the sytem just puts the item into the correct group (after last item in the group) . . will have to look at a way that it could put it at the code you specify . . .

Edited : 08-12-2009

We now have a function in TOOLS that allows you to flag codes for re-use ; so the next time you inserting new stock items ; instead of using a new code just click on re-use code :)
Last edited by basit on December 8th, 2008, 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kufi

similiar help with Compubyte DOS

Postby kufi » June 13th, 2008, 4:19 pm

I think it will be a great help if similiar change could be added in the next DOS Based update of Compubyte aswell...
My problem :- i was running on a scattered and mixed up stock in compubyte for a few years..finally one day i decided to sit down and name new groups and designate the stock under the right group, well, i did that and after i was done, i found now thr are a lot of empty stock codes in the begining of each group...e.g 20-1 was moved to newly created right group 140-1 , so now 20-1 is empty slot and when am creating new codes in group 20 via goods receiving it doesnt use the first empty slot for the new code, but instead it uses the last empty slot (20-233)
now whats required is either of ths two...
1) when F6 pressed from goods receiving it must use the first empty slot and not the last
OR
2)A module in compubyte to delete the empty stock code while moving the bottom ones in there place along with the history.

Cheers,
Kashif.

Return to “How do I download the release version of CompuByte .Net POS Software - Plus Questions - Reviews and Comments . .”