So Tell me More ! ! !

This is where you can comment about the forum or anything else you want to make a comment about and also learn how to use the forum etc . .
Sulie-M

So Tell me More ! ! !

Postby Sulie-M » July 8th, 2005, 1:34 pm

I have been lurking in this forum for the last month and have said nothing nor contributed. although I have been using CompuByte for the last decade. My stated reason for this was I really did not understand how forums work and I dislike reading help screens. I guess my main reason however was that I may look stupid if I may ask a question here. :roll:

Now after a month of reading all the stuff on the forum, I realised that indeed I was losing out by not contributing or asking questions as this forum indeed does have some really good programmers always willing to assist and even the most obviously easy questions are replied to.

My question is would telephone support still continue? In my experience I could call Mr Basit at any time and get a quick response or solution to any problem I had. His telephonic mannerism needs some attention though.

I began using POS software using Pos-i-Till and that program had way to many data integrity problems, after seeing many other programs I choose CompuByte for it's simplicity in usage and it's extremely stable data integrity which was crucial to my business. I have also been given VISION which was a spin-off of Pos-I-Till to use last year as a demo, this program is an attempt to attain CompuByte functionality, data integrity and ease of use and it's extravagant price is used to convince new customers who equate price with quality. It however fails hopelessly when compared to what CompuByte has to offer at a tenth of the price.

I will appreciate if someone here could give me a quick tour guide to using this forum more effectively so that I could also contribute.

Thanking you.

Sulie-M

basit
Site Admin

Is this what you wanted to Know?

Postby basit » July 8th, 2005, 1:38 pm

Dear Sulie,

Nice to know that you been lurking here , indeed you missing out by not contributing . . :D

Telephone support will continue as usual for service contract clients and I must sincerely apologies for my telephonic mannerism. Many of my clients have told me that I do rush through support and some have even told me that I sound down right rude. I am working on this and I really have no excuse but to say that ummm I will be nicer. . . :oops:

Thank you for having confidence in CompuByte software and for using it so diligently and patriotically for many years. I won’t comment on what you had to say about some of the competition , suffice to say that they do also have a place in the market and there are indeed many companies using their software and are happy. As long as CompuByte is leading in it's technology and paving the way forward for others to follow it's a win, win situation for ALL. . . :wink:

As for How to use this forum, I have just for you moved up your comments to the top of the Forum so new users can easily get to read it and also get a better understanding of how the forum works :-

This is how you use the forum:-

1) You register by clicking on the Register on Top of this Page.
2) A form will appear where you will accept the terms of the forum and then insert your details.
3) You insert your details and we will email you a confirmation which you will respond to by clinking on the link. – All of this happens instantaneously.
4) Every time you return to the forum you must login in with your username and password.
5) When you click on your profile at top pf the page you can also insert your company logo or picture by going down to Avatar control panel and (Please note you must have a picture that’s small in size etc 180x180)
6) Always remember that if you need to find and answer to anything you want to query first click on the search button on the top of the page , you than just insert a word of two of your query and you will in most case find what you querying.

Best of luck using this forum :) – You can obviously still call me if you don’t understand how to use the forum, so that I could telephonically guide you through this process and ummm I will not be rude.
:twisted: :evil:

And Sulie there is a FAQ button also on the top of the forum which I am sure you would love to read and study carefully :lol:

Thandi

Interesting

Postby Thandi » July 9th, 2005, 9:28 am

Hi Sulie,

I think I been to your stores that picture tells it all :) Am I allowed to advertise your store on this forum?

I was at your Carltonville branch last year and was looking for a Dickies trouser for my husband in a specific colour and size. Your salesperson took one of the trousers and scanned the barcode and immediate told me which branches I could find that trouser and also told me he could get it to this branch in under a hour. I was impressed . . I have never seen this happen at any of the larger chain stores, so I wanted to know what software they were using. . he said it's a special software they developed for your stores and it's from India. Since my husband has a few supermarkets in the townships around Gauteng I was interested and keen to implement a software system instead of using the cash register tills we had.

I think I talked to you and you explained to me that the software was developed locally by Mr.Basit and gave me his number. You were very reluctant to give me more information on the system and I assumed you were busy or just secretive.

When I called Mr.Basit he was bad on the phone, only two things went through my mind, either he need no more business or has no competition. He rattled of a few agents names who supplies his software and their numbers and before I could even ask pricing and other details he put the phone down.

I than called Joseph from Mamab Computers and he was patient and most helpful, he even offered to take me to sites where he had installed CompuByte. He also spoke my language. I met him at a live site in Tembisa, which had 13 cashiers. This is where he explained to me the ease of use and functionality of the software. My husband who was insisting before he met Joseph about using Brilliant Accounting was soon persuaded to use CompuByte. To cut a long story short all our supermarkets are now using CompuByte. Comparatively (price and quality) to other software the pricing was a steal. I hope this comment does not inniatiate a price hike as true empowerment for our people depends on software like this for small biz to easily adapt and use technology that I am sure is the best.

I did get to meet Mr.Basit this year and his a really nice guy, but lives in a world of his own. He is extremely intelligent and knows his software and expects everyone to be like that. This makes him always seems to be impatient and in a hurry and before you can ask him things his already answering them and I was right in my assessment of him, he has way to much brains, money and no competition. Mr Basit I hope you not going to be angry at me for stating this? :wink:

I have been getting telephone support from Joseph and sometimes from Mr.Basit, I do know that this is covered by my service contract, is the use of the forum also covered by the contract and can I as a customer demand the same response times that I get from tele-support. How are these many programmers on this forum being paid?

This is my two cents comments and input.

Bye

Thandi

basit
Site Admin

I know I know !

Postby basit » July 29th, 2005, 9:05 am

I have to apologise Sulie, Thandi and others about my telephonic mannerisms, I am indeed working very hard on improving it .

Please let me know the next time when you do call me, if I am rattling away techno jargon or I am rushing along . . .

Thanks anyway for all the other nice things you guys had to say *Hehe* :oops:

Thandi, Indeed this forum is covered by your contract and the response seems to be very good and it's improving all the time. As an incentive we pay all programmers responding with a solution.

JustBASit
Last edited by basit on July 29th, 2005, 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ash (Kays)

You know no'tin

Postby Ash (Kays) » July 29th, 2005, 9:18 am

My three cents worth !

I like the short and quick responses I get from Basit, while the others of the CompuByte support team are extremely nice and polite, they wasting my air time. Just joking. :wink:

I always will call Basit directly as he seems to just know what may be wrong and would quickly provide a solution, the others in the support team do usually get it right but they seem to take way to long.

So I choose to abuse Basit
:twisted:

Hey do I get paid for providing support? :)

basit
Site Admin

Paid ?

Postby basit » July 29th, 2005, 9:23 am

No you don't :o

But you do get the oppertunity to abuse me. :P

JustBASit

Return to “Your comments about this Forum”