Adding terminals to your Server (Current PC) .Net & DOS

Some insight on CompuByte's multi-user enviroment

.Net windows and Dos
basit
Site Admin

Adding terminals to your Server (Current PC) .Net & DOS

Postby basit » December 14th, 2008, 11:38 am

For .Net Windows CompuByte POS

If you have only on PC and need to add a terminal /’s then follow these steps. (Windows XP)

Things to do on server (Current PC)

1) Make sure you have a paid license to add a terminal to your current PC ; if not purchase one from CompuByte (email us)
2) Share your hardrive on your current PC if not already shared; double click on My Computer then right click on Local Disk [C:] then choose Sharing And Security ; click on Sharing and share drive as C (Just enable file sharing) ensure that full read write access is allowed.
3) Double click on My Computer then My Network Places then View network connections then Right click on Local Area Connection click on Properties - > Double click on Internet Protocal (make sure it’s ticked) – make note of the set IP ; if one does not exist create it as 10.0.0.10 submask 255.0.0.0 and gateway set as 10.0.0.2 or leave blank if you don’t have an ADSL router or not connected to the internet.
4) Double click on the Innovative CompuByte Pos icon then in logon screen double click on Change Data Drive and Terminals . Insert C for data drive and insert the number of terminals you will now have on the network.

Things to do on Teminal/’s

5) Now on your new terminal do the same as explained in 3 but change the terminal IP to 10.0.0.20 (if the terminal is the second one installed ; if it’s the third one install insert 10.0.0.30)
6) Now on the new terminal ensure .Net Windows compubyte software is installed ; click on Innovative CompuByte Pos icon then click on network setup then choose drive F and insert the slash slash and IP then slash and share drive you inserted in Step 2 and 3 above i.e \\10.0.0.10\c
7) In this network setup you can also insert any shared printers you may be using (LPT1 lpt2 etc) on the server – make sure the printer is shared on your server and given a share name like slip etc.
8. Now on the terminal click on Change Data Drive and Terminals . Insert F for data drive and insert the number of terminals you will now have on the network. Then make sure you click on Reset Terminals and then insert the terminal number.
9) If drive is not mapped check cabling, router, sharing etc. - Also try using the dos command below in setting up DOS version from items 5 tp 7
10) From Login screen also click on Quick Setup – New Installation and set up the parameters.

For Dos version of CompuByte POS

If you have only on PC and need to add a terminal /’s then follow these steps. (Windows XP)

Things to do on server (Current PC)

1) Make sure you have a paid license to add a terminal to your current PC ; if not purchase one from CompuByte (email us)
2) Share your hardrive on your current PC if not already shared; double click on My Computer then right click on Local Disk [C:] then choose Sharing And Security ; click on Sharing and share drive as C (Just enable file sharing) ensure that full read write access is allowed.
3) Double click on My Computer then My Network Places then View network connections then Right click on Local Area Connection click on Properties - > Double click on Internet Protocal (make sure it’s ticked) – make note of the set IP ; if one does not exist create it as 10.0.0.10 submask 255.0.0.0 and gateway set as 10.0.0.2 or leave blank if you don’t have an ADSL router or not connected to the internet.

Things to do on Teminal/’s

4) Now on your new terminal do the same as explained in 3 but change the terminal IP to 10.0.0.20 (if the terminal is the second one installed ; if it’s the third one install insert 10.0.0.30)
5) On your terminal Click on Start then All Programs then Accessories then Command Prompt ; now you will see a black dos window.
6) Issue (type) this command and press the Enter key:-
net use F: \\10.0.0.10\C /PERSISTENT:YES
7) After typing this command make sure you see this message “command completely successfully” ; if not make sure you have a space between the F and \\ also check , router , cabling and sharing (See 2)
8. Now Issue (type) this command and press the Enter key:-
F:
9) Now Issue (type) this command and press the Enter key:-
CD\PROGRAMS
10) Now Issue (type) this command and press the Enter key:-
COPY PARA-N.1 PARA-N.(Terminal Number)
11) Make sure you insert the terminal number ; i.e if you setting up the second terminal than you will issue the command as :
COPY PARA-N.1 PARA-N.2
12) Now Issue (type) this command and press the Enter key:-
PARA
13) Only at number of terminals insert the number of terminals you have on the network.
14) Now Issue (type) this command and press the Enter key:-
MAKE-T
15) Now insert the terminal number you want to create and press enter at all prompts until you return to the prompt E to end ; here insert a capital E and you will return back to DOS box.
16) Now Issue (type) this command and press the Enter key:-
EXIT
17) Now create a shortcut for the terminal by right clicking on the desktop and choosing new and then shortcut ; in type the location of the item ;insert:-
F:\TERM\2.bat
18. If the terminal is 3 then insert 3.bat above
19) Name the icon as CompuByte Term 2 (or 3) etc.
20) You can also right click on icon and choose Properties and change Font 10x18 and Layout Screen buffer Size and window size set Width 80 Height 25
21) You can make changes to the 2.bat or 3.bat files by using any editor (notepad) and opening the files Example in notepad open F:\term\2.bat

Return to “Adding a new PC and connecting to CompuByte”