How to disable autodisconnet feature in your computer

This forum is moderated and supported by Larissa; Takalani ; Hendry and BASit ; who will answer all your questions or queries. . .
takalani

How to disable autodisconnet feature in your computer

Postby takalani » February 7th, 2014, 10:55 am

Use the command:

NET CONFIG SERVER /AUTODISCONNECT:-1
Takalani
CompuByte Support

basit
Site Admin

Re: How to disable autodisconnet feature in your computer

Postby basit » September 22nd, 2015, 7:23 pm

I have 5 workstations running windows 7. Our server runs server 2003. I have taken steps to eliminate the disconnecting of our mapped drives but they periodically disconnect during the day causing issues with some software we are using over the network. Below is what has been done as other resources have instructed.

Server:
I removed the autodisconnect from the server using:

Code: Select all

net config server /autodisconnect:-1

Client:
Changed one registry values in:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters
KeepConn set to 65535(dec)

NOTE: The client-side session is automatically disconnected when the idling time lasts more than the duration that is set in KeepConn. Therefore, the session is disconnected according to the shorter set duration value between AutoDisConnect and KeepConn. To change the time-out duration in the client-side during a UNC connection, specify the arbitrary time in KeepConn.
Locate and then click the following key in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanworkstation\parameters
Value: KeepConn
Data type : REG_DWORD
Range : 1 to 65535 (sec)
Default value: 600 sec = 10 mins

Return to “CompuByte POS .Net Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) (Only new windows .Net Version)”