Sending documents via email in compubyte innovative program

This forum is moderated and supported by Larissa; Takalani ; Hendry and BASit ; who will answer all your questions or queries. . .
larissa

Sending documents via email in compubyte innovative program

Postby larissa » December 9th, 2008, 12:11 pm

You basically use email in the compubyte innovative software to send all the document to your customers from the program, like invoices, quotation...etc.

compubyte offer a new feature for you to check if your accout customers received the sent documents or not.
from any program window:
Go to report on the menu bar and select Email log(email setting)at the bottom of the dropdownlist. put in your access code and press enter.
A view email log window will appear, for you to see which customers didn't receive emails.

bossalino

Error

Postby bossalino » January 6th, 2009, 12:40 pm

MailSend v7.55 (Registered version)
attempting connection to smtp.dsl.telkomsa.net
Connection successful.
*** 250-ctb-mesg-2-1.saix.net250-PIPELINING250-SIZE 102400000250-ETRN250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES250-8BITMIME250 DSN
Error on AUTH LOGIN 502 5.5.2 Error: command not recognized

Can you please let me know what causes this error

Thanks

basit
Site Admin

Postby basit » January 7th, 2009, 12:53 am

Try downloading the latest sendmail.exe file from

http://www.compubyte.co.za/updates

file is called mailsend.exe (save this file into \programs) directory ; also check what your setting are . . Reports - Email log .. see bottom button Setup email and Edit email bat . .

Hope this finally works for you . . :D

A paste from the Latest update file to show how manual changes are done :-

237 - [EMAIL] Insert 1 to only use sendmail for sending emails

This allows sending emails directly from the system if you dont have any mail client setup. Very important you must edit the m.cfg and the mail.bat files in the \programs directory on the C: drive these files have the following info in them ; you must change based on what your email settings are : -

(for m.cfg)

-smtp smtp.compubyte.co.za
-ehlo
-auth login mail@compubyte.co.za (password of you account)
-from mail@compubyte.co.za
-receipt
-html -file c:\RAM\MESSAGE.htm

(for mail.bat)

rem Mail to %1 Subject %2
mailsend @m.cfg -to %1 -s %2

The most latest version of the mailsend program is available for www.compubyte.co.za/updates/

faisal

Postby faisal » March 10th, 2009, 4:55 pm

how do use this feature. wat needs to be installed

basit
Site Admin

Postby basit » May 14th, 2009, 10:32 am

Faizal ; all you need is a registered version of CompByte .Net program ; that is not a pirated copy and is PAID FOR !! than you will have all the software to send emails . . :wink:

faisal

Postby faisal » July 13th, 2009, 12:12 pm

i am not certain on what settings to change. iv basically used my outlook settings for the setup email icon but am not sure what to do awith the edit mail.bat icon.

faisal

Postby faisal » July 25th, 2009, 8:58 am

after much time phone calls and effort my e mail facility is working. thanks toby for returning my call. :D

Return to “CompuByte POS .Net Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) (Only new windows .Net Version)”