Help needed - installing Compubyte under Linux (Ubuntu)

Hi ! Feel free to ask general questions on the .Net version of Compubyte POS.
tsebigmax

Help needed - installing Compubyte under Linux (Ubuntu)

Postby tsebigmax » February 6th, 2009, 12:16 am

Hi

I use Ubuntu Linux on my personal laptop. I'm fairly new to UNIX and still getting my brain around it. I'm just wondering how to most efficiently get compubyte to work on it.

I managed to get through some parts of the install process via the WINE application, but it seems that root or something denies the installer to access parts of the system and create system files, and so the program is not properly installed. I may be wrong in my theory, but it's just my guess.

Do you have any idea how to go about installing CB on Linux?
Your trucking partner!
more info -------> http://tr.im/bm

basit
Site Admin

Postby basit » February 27th, 2009, 11:03 pm

The .Net framework has to be installed first from the microsoft website (Framework 2.0)

We have managed to get a version working with SUSE but crtal reports is still a problem.

I will get someone to try installing the latest Ubuntu version and keep you updated.

tsebigmax

Postby tsebigmax » November 2nd, 2009, 2:51 pm

I think linux (Debian based in particular - like Ubuntu) uses mono, which is a .net substitute. But Wine (WindowsEmulator) on debian/ubuntu linux doesn't seem to install Compubyte properly. I have a suspicion as to why - the installer prompts you to install .net, which causes an internal conflict with Wine and mono.

Anyway, I may have managed to find a solution. I got VirtualBox, a virtual machine manager, and installed XP on there. I was able to install Compubyte on there. I'm still playing around with it... will keep you updated.
Your trucking partner!

more info -------> http://tr.im/bm

Return to “.Net CompuByte Support - F A Q”