Questions relating to New .Net Software - Please ask here

Explanation to install the release version of the newest .Net Version -

Notes on Latest Updates to the .Net Software.

Feel free to comment and review the software ! ! !
basit
Site Admin

Questions relating to New .Net Software - Please ask here

Postby basit » January 25th, 2008, 8:13 am

Please fell free to ask your questions here . . .

Click on POST REPLY - In the subject column please insert Main Header for your question.

Thanks

BASit

basit
Site Admin

Setting Promotions

Postby basit » January 25th, 2008, 8:43 am

Question was asked by Zaki (Zaks Molone) By Email :-

I am I need of some advise on promotions. I can manually set it in the dos version and in the promotion menu activate and de activate it successfully.

I.m having difficulty with the automatic promotion with the date and time. I’ve tried a few times and set it up but it does not change to the promotion price.

Also I tried in the .net version to set up start or end date but not coming right either. I read up on the website about filling in the start date and time using * and # in special perimeters but never got that right to. Does it not affect the sizes in the special perimeter if u need to fill that info in.

Can u explain me how to use the promotion on .net as filing in the information there just seems much easier.

Thanks
Zaki

basit
Site Admin

Setting Promotions - Reply

Postby basit » January 25th, 2008, 8:51 am

Hi Zaki !

The .net version and dos version work separately with promotions; one does not work with the other.

You will have to use the dos version as your stores are in dos (use the activate and deactivate - manual method) as the time version is for supermarkets and if used will use the special parameters which already has size info in it.

The manual method creates a promo file in \programs\promo. This file can be sent to the stores where it just has to be activated.

In the .Net version all you do is the Edit a Stock Items and insert the start and end dates of the promotion and the promotion price in Selling <4> Promo.

Start and End date is done as :-

25-01-08/31-01-08

This will set the promotion to start at 25th Jan and end at 31st Jan 2008

Hope this is clear enough . .

BASit

basit
Site Admin

Web Cam - Supplier Orders

Postby basit » January 25th, 2008, 8:54 am

Question asked by Zaki (email)

The webcam cam idea was great and it works really well.(what a idea. It will be a complete HIT).

The suggestion on the order purchase is( I’ll try an explain it a best as possible) I hope I’m not missing something in the perimeters

There are 2 ways of ordering 1st place a order on a basic item which you have and just need to repeat. the second is when meeting a rep and placing orders on new stock.

These both can be entered into the system and retrieved or edited only by remembering the document number. Once the order is edited it creates a new document number for the edited order. Now you have 2 orders from the same company with 1 line difference between the 2.

What’s also missing is the date of delivery ??

What I’m suggesting is to link the suppliers to the orders. So I select orders then the company from which them come and order number(you have all of these in place) enter you order and not forgetting delivery date. End the document and the order is saved. To retrieve the order one goes to the supplies and searches the order number or they all appear there almost like dos, then select if retrieve, edit or delete it without creating another document number.

This will allow you to view all outstanding deliveries from different suppliers and there date of delivery and also automatically deletes from the order once one has grn ed. The system tracks back orders and also removed them but viewing each item like that and not knowing when them coming is a little complicated.

Zaki.

basit
Site Admin

Supplier Ordering - Reply

Postby basit » January 25th, 2008, 9:14 am

Hi Zaki !

It's great to have users that suggest brilliant ideas . .

We have tried to keep the supplier ordering as simple as possible. That is why all you have to do is insert the order (pressing f4) choosing Order with Supplier. Once the order is placed all the codes etc are created and a number for that order including the order the rep gave you is stored.

If however you change a order then you have to call the same order up; and either delete it or just change a specific line item, If this is done another order number is generated.

When you receive the order all you have to do is retrieve the order number and than convert to a goods received (GRN) note.

If at any time you want to know what orders you have placed you can click on view account (supplier) and than click on any of the two button below to see the orders.

As for delivery dates I am working on a better method ; A quick way to currently do this is to insert the delivery month before the suppliers order number. SO when you view the grid you can just sort the column by clicking on it. You insert the month and order number like this 12-08 Order :12345

Hope this helps

BASit

bossalino

Orders.

Postby bossalino » January 26th, 2008, 8:08 pm

Thanks Basit.
I understand what you trying to say and did a few test's to see what it looks like. It basically cancels out the previous order. That makes it a whole lot better. Is it possible to make this matter simpler by designing a crystal report which only brings up outstanding orders and not the orders that have been canceled or edited and are in negative figure ( purchase order doc 1 value -5000) but orders that are outstanding. Reason being that lots of companies have no idea on their deliveries these days and i would hate to look through a whole list of orders for 8 month that have been edited a few times.
i still feel they should be retrieved by order number and not document number. i know you have much work to do although having created a great program already and i hate bothering you with these questions but you know i like to tear down something just to see how it functions.

next time i should be part of the beta team
:D

bossalino

Email

Postby bossalino » January 31st, 2008, 12:43 pm

Can some one please help me make the email work:?: Ive set it all up properly
The .net gives the error no smtp server installed and the send email's sends them but its not being received.

basit
Site Admin

make email work

Postby basit » January 31st, 2008, 10:05 pm

Some versions of XP installed (the u know which kind) *hehe* :twisted: dont have all the IIS functionalities so you have to set the parameter as explained in detailed under update info - I will paste the information from there below :)

237 - [EMAIL] Insert 1 to only use sendmail for sending emails

This allows sending emails directly from the system if you dont have any mail client setup. Very important you must edit the m.cfg and the mail.bat files in the \programs directory on the C: drive these files have the following info in them ; you must change based on what your email settings are : -

(EDIT m.cfg)

-smtp smtp.compubyte.co.za <----replace only smtp.compubyte.co.za with you smtp outgoing server name found from tools then account setting in OUTLOOK usually something like smtp.dsl.telkomsa.net

-ehlo

-auth login mail(at)compubyte.co.za (password of you account) <-replace only mail(at)compubyte.co.za and password with -example zaki@zaki.co.za 1234

-from mail(at)compubyte.co.za <-replace only mail(at)compubyte.co.za with example zaki@zaki.co.za

-receipt

-html -file c:\RAM\MESSAGE.htm

(Edit mail.bat)

rem Mail to %1 Subject %2
mailsend @m.cfg -to %1 -s %2

The most latest version of the mailsend program is available for www.compubyte.co.za/updates/
Last edited by basit on February 2nd, 2008, 8:03 am, edited 6 times in total.

basit
Site Admin

Bossalino - Orders

Postby basit » January 31st, 2008, 10:09 pm

The reason why we chose to generate a new order if the old order is edited is so that a proper audit is kept (you will note the order editted is fully credit thats why the minus values).

Your suggestions have been noted and we will have another full revamp on the ordering system . .

Thanks for your valuable contributions to this forum - you betta be on the team (ALPHA 1 not BETA)

bossalino

Customer Loyalty Program

Postby bossalino » February 7th, 2008, 9:35 pm

Is it possible to fill in customers details in cash and laybye accounts at one specific branch and then copy all these files to other branches as this would allow for a specific customer to carry one cash or laybye number across all branches and also save the time of imputing it in different branches and also if a specific account number is edited and changed for a new customer due to the old customer not being loyal, does the history of the account also get deleted.

Zaki

basit
Site Admin

Re: Customer Loyalty Program

Postby basit » February 8th, 2008, 9:50 am

The loyalty program you intend to initiate currently only works in the branch that the customer purchased in. The file is in \programs\database.? -> Where "?" is the branch no.

We are looking at creating a centralised database for customers ; unfortunately with many clients not having all the stores on line all the time; the maintenance of info being updated offline becomes cumbersome so Sergey suggested that we just pass over the database once a day and than in the background do the sync.

This sounds easy but we working hard on it to ensure that the customer does not have to purchase highend servers which handles this easier and without special code.

Hopefully Sergey Team will keep us updated on the progress

BASit

Return to “How do I download the release version of CompuByte .Net POS Software - Plus Questions - Reviews and Comments . .”