Test File

This is where programmers can upload the test file which they can use to test the speed of their code.
Dejan Mitrovic

Postby Dejan Mitrovic » July 11th, 2005, 7:08 pm

After defragmenting hard disk and clearing up much of the space, I get these results:

Quicksort:
reading - 8.624 sec
sorting - 0.219 sec
writing - 0.047 sec
total ---------------------- 8.89 sec

My algorithm: total 8.7 sec

Every algorithm was runned 5 times, and average is taken.

Dejan Mitrovic

Postby Dejan Mitrovic » July 11th, 2005, 7:11 pm

NikolaR wrote:Dejane, sta da ti kazem, probaj na brzem disku.

Imam SATA WD 80 GB 7200 rpm. Problem je bilo u 90MB slobodnog prostora i do-zla-boga fragmentisanosti ;)

basit
Site Admin

Thanks Guys

Postby basit » July 12th, 2005, 3:02 pm

I know it would be extremely unrealistic to judge the sort based on the machines you have been using, as hard disk access speed , processor speed etc does make a big difference.

I will decide using my PC as a test machine. So all you can do is send me you exe file and to ensure that your not prejudiced in anyway let the out put text file that is generated (only) index be random numbers and not the sorted file. I will assume that your program is doing a sort :) Ummm I will count all the lines *hehe*

So if you don’t win the bid I could not use your exe file. . .

I will publish the results of your exe file to the forum.

I will give an excellent recommendation to the coder with the best sort and will indeed use all of you who participated for future bids as recommended coders.

Best of Luck . .

Dejan Mitrovic

Postby Dejan Mitrovic » July 12th, 2005, 4:58 pm

There are two different files in attached .zip representing two different algorithms... The output is just an array of random numbers...

Input file needs to be called 'test' and located in the same directory as exe. Output will be 'test.txt'
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dejan Mitrovic

Postby Dejan Mitrovic » July 12th, 2005, 8:25 pm

Of course, you can post the results of testing on your machine.

But, I wouldn't like to talk about the details of implementation until the winner if chosen (if you understand)...

Return to “File Sorter”